May 26, 2009

What's really in the contraceptive pill?

The last element of ridding toxins from my body, for me, was to stop taking the contraceptive pill. I had been taking the pill for nearly 15 years, day in day out. There was some resistance from my behalf to stop taking the pill, I am married, but I'm not convinced that I am ready for children. My thoughts were along the lines of...if I stop taking the pill I might get pregnant, the pill keeps me regular. However, I knew that if I was to walk my talk and live within the boundaries of what I believed in and what my business stands for then I had to rid the pill from my body.

I discussed this with my partner and he was all for it. "Of course, get the chemicals out of your body", was his response. What happened next I was not prepared for. I skin developed 'bumps'. Bumps were forming everywhere, on my face, on the tops of my arms, on my back. It wasn't a nice thing to see. I started to doubt my decision. However, I knew that I had to push through this.

I stayed 'bumpy' for 3 months, before I went to see my natropath. She told me all about "the pill"...stay tuned for part II.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6.7.09

    I'm very interested to hear more about your experience quitting the contraceptive pill and what you learned through the process. I also stopped taking the pill after I became increasingly aware of the way in which it altered my body, and suffered pretty nasty effects, mostly skin related, and I know a lot of people who have had similar experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My personal experience once quitting the pill was to clean my body, inside and out. I started drinking juices that I made myself every morning. I had 2 different juice combinations that I altered every week - one week was carrots, beetroot & celery, week two was apples, carrots & celery. This cleaned up my skin miraculously. However, I still seem to have 'bumps' on my neck. It has now been 9 months since I have stopped taking the pill, I can only imagine how long it will take to rid the entire toxic chemical from my body.

    I would love to hear more about your personal experience.

    bye for now
    Keeta

    ReplyDelete